Our Creative Arts programme here at Watering Whole incorporates elements of music, dance, drama and art, developing creativity, inspiring self-expression and building self-confidence through a variety of mediums.
The Watering Whole utilises visual art, story-telling, music, dance, theater games, props, play and more in a safe and welcoming environment to ignite the imagination and bring out the performer from within.
The curriculum has been specifically designed to foster each child’s social and emotional development by:
- encouraging self-expression,
- developing the imagination,
- building self-confidence,
- creating body awareness,
- exploring emotions,
- working on stage presence, voice control and projection.
The programme is run by Inger who has a background in music, theatre, art and performance. She studied Art at Kingston University in London, is a Certified Intellidance® Method teacher, and has an advanced diploma in Narrative Directing for film and television.
The Watering Whole Creative Arts Programme Includes:
- Intellidance sessions – creative dance, movement, and music programme
- Drama sessions – developing imagination and communication skills
- Art appreciation sessions – stimulating interest and understanding in a variety of art forms as well developing a visual vocabulary.
- Visual Art sessions – hands on exploring of different mediums and techniques
- “Creating together” sessions – collaborative experiences in music, art and drama